AJ Circuit

How to Avoid Electrical Shocks in Your Home

Home  >>  Default  >>  How to Avoid Electrical Shocks in Your Home

How to Avoid Electrical Shocks in Your Home

On May 4, 2016, Posted by , In Default, With Comments Off on How to Avoid Electrical Shocks in Your Home

Electrical shocks are not only dangers but they can be fatal as well. Electrical shocks are probably a lot more common that you might think as it can happen while you are working around the house or even from using a damaged electrical appliance.

An electric shock can cause disruption to the heart’s normal beating patter and even stop it from pumping blood, which is the cause of most fatalities. It can also stop the muscle temporarily working, which includes the heart, and also cause serious burns.

To less the risk of electric shocks, it is important to know the common causes of electrical shocks in the household. This includes damaged electrical cords, faulty appliances, poor wiring, electrical appliances coming into contact with water and faulty power lines.

The extent of electrical shock damage will depend on the volume of voltage and the body’s ability to resist the shock. The body can normally resist a low voltage; however, certain conditions such as perspiration or rain can lower the body’s resistance. This means that this moisture will allow the electricity to flow more easily through the body causing extensive damage.

So, turn off the power if you are working on an electrical device. You need to shut off the circuit to prevent electrical shocks from happening. Don’t use aluminum ladder if you suspect there’s a problem with electricity. Avoid wearing any metal accessories when working on fuse boxes or appliances. And you should never work with electricity if the it’s wet or you have water at your feet. It is also important to have someone check the electrical status in your home. You can call a residential electrician Brisbane to do it for you.

The safety switches can provide an effective defense versus electric shocks. These safety switches oversee the flow of electricity over a circuit, and it has a shut off feature incase the flow of electricity is uneven or unstable. An imbalanced flow normally indicates that there is faulty wirings or other issues with the electricity. It can also mean that the electricity is coursing through or made contact with a human body. Once this happens, the circuit box will automatically shut down to minimize the severity of the shock. This is an effective and inexpensive way to potentially minimize the damage and potentially save lives. However, if you see someone suffer an electric shock, it’s important to call call Triple-Zero (000) to contact an ambulance. It is vital to get urgent care for electric shocks and immediately check the victim for response and do the necessary life saving techniques.

Comments are closed.